Flowers Direct - Security & Privacy
The website at www.flowersdirect.co.uk (the "Website") is owned by Flowers Direct ("we/us"). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in respect of the Website Flowers Direct. We are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our Website and complying with all applicable laws in the use of the information we collect about you.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred on it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it, including what type of information is collected and tracked on the Website, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
The information we collect
We may collect two types of information from users of this Website:
(i) "Personal Information" (including, but not limited to), your name, date of birth, address, telephone number (including mobile number), credit card information or e-mail address; and
(ii) anonymous "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" (such as information about how many users log on to our Website). The personal information we may collect and process includes:
- Personal details that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services or requesting further services, including, but not limited to, your name, date of birth, address, telephone number (including mobile number), credit card information or e-mail address;
- Recipient details that you provide when placing your order, including name, address and any contact telephone numbers. However, this detail will not be used for direct marketing purposes.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of orders; and
- Dealings with third parties who hold personal information on you (which could include organisations such as banks, credit card agencies). They may provide this information as a matter of ordinary business dealings, or we may ask them to do so.
Uses made of the information we collect
The personal information you provide on the Website will be used, amongst other things, for the following purposes:
- To process your order (including payment authorisation);
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- If Flowers Direct or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Flowers Direct, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- For marketing purposes, as described in more detail under "Direct Marketing" below.
If you are a new or existing customer, and where you permit selected third parties (such as mutual commercial partners who may advertise on our Website from time to time) to use your personal information, we (or they) will contact you by e-mail, mail, telephone, SMS, or other means.
If you would like to opt-out of Flowers Direct contacting you for marketing purposes, you can do so at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers of your Personal Information abroad
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of an order on your behalf, the processing of your payment details or provision of support or other services.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, the security of our system is very important to us. We seek to ensure that up-to-date storage and security techniques are used to protect the personal information. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process the personal information are also obliged to respect the confidentiality of this personal information. The personal information is held on secure online servers utilising the Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) standard.
What are 'Cookies'
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of registered and non-registered visitors to our site. This can incluse using a "cookie" which is a small file stroed on your browser. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser to prevent this happening - guidance for which is set out below. We also aggregate this data to perform statistical analyses of the characteristics and behaviour of our Website visitors. Cookies are also used as a further means of ensuring private and secure purchase sessions are operated within the Website.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous. Your browser can be modified to not accept cookies - guidance for which is provided in the paragraph below.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser (for example, using Internet Explorer select 'internet options' from the 'tools' menu, then click 'security'. followed by 'custom level' and select 'disable cookies'). However, you may not be able to use all the features of our site if cookies are disabled. For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
We are currently developing the ability for you to select which cookies you are happy for us to use during your time on our site and hope to have this available soon. The cookies we use on our site are as follows:
|Cookies essential for placing your order||11|
|Cookies for analytics||4|
|Cookies for marketing||5|
We have a legal obligation to ensure that the personal information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by informing us of any changes to the personal information. You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request to:
Please state your full name and your address.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use personal information we will notify you by email or an announcement on the Website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
If you have any questions, comments, or requests about privacy, you can contact us - details for which can be found here.